A step-by-step guide to getting started with the Comet Backup Integration.
NOTE: If you're using a Self-Hosted instance of Comet Backup, please make sure you're on version 22.9.6 or newer.
NOTE: Comet Backup syncs accounts from the Username field. To ensure you're able to map all accounts, it is recommended to have one Username per account.
- Login to Synthesize and navigate to the Integrations tab.
- Select the Comet Backup integration card, and click Connect.
- Choose the integration modules to configure and press continue.
- (Note: This article follows the combined path, the steps are very similar for the other paths)
- Copy the Gradient API Token. Note that each integration is assigned a unique API token. Save this key in a secure location. It will only be available once.
- Click Open Portal.
- This will open a new tab on the Comet Backup page.
- Login to Comet Backup and navigate to Settings > Integrations > PSA Services
- Click on Gradient MSP and select Add. Paste your Gradient API token and press Save.
- Press Sync Now
- Return to Synthesize and click Check Connection.
- Then select the board to map for Alerts.
- This step is not present for billing-only integrations.
- Proceed to the next page to map your customers.
- Proceed to the next step to map your services and review your choices.
- Return to Comet and Initiate a Sync
- Return to Synthesize and Reconlie your billing!
- For Alerts users, you don't need to do anything else. Alerts will start to flow from Comet to your selected PSA board.
Alerts will push for failed jobs of any type (backup, restore, repair, cleanup, etc.)