How to use CSV profiles to streamline billing reconciliation with Gradient MSP.
In just a few steps, you can import CSV Vendor Usage Reports.
Upgrade to pro, then Drag and drop your CSV directly into the Synthesize billing module, map your data and begin reconciling!
CSV is a Synthesize Billing Pro feature and includes unlimited CSV profiles.
CSV File sizes are limited to 5MB. Please contact support if you require a larger import.
Create a Vendor CSV Mapping Profile
- Configure an Import Profile
- Confirm Header Row & Columns
- Map Accounts
- Map Services
- Confirm Import
Once you reconcile a service card for the month, it will not reappear. If you do a second import, only cards with new values will display.
Once you have set up your import with Synthesize, we will remember your previous settings allowing you to upload the latest CSV and reconcile the changes monthly.
Before uploading your CSV usage each month, it is recommended to perform a PSA Sync. This will ensure that your PSA usage is accurate.
If you need to format your decimal places in Excel, check out this article here.
Step 1: Configure an Import Profile
- From the Billing or Vendor Integrations pages, select the Imports button.
- On the imports page, you will see any existing profiles on the left and can create a profile on the main portion of the screen.
- Drag and drop a CSV into the import tool - or click on the tool to load the file explorer.
- Give your import profile and name.
- Select the vendor or distributor associated with the CSV. If the vendor you're uploading does not exist, contact Support to add them.
- Press Continue
Aggregate service quantities: If selected, the import tool will Aggregate (sum) the unit counts for the Invoice Items that share the same SKU and update the total quantity in Gradient to this sum.
Step 2: Confirm Header Row & Columns
- Keep the pre-selected header row, or select a new row of your choosing
- Match the columns
- Review the Imported data
- Press Next to proceed to Account Mapping
Step 3: Map Accounts
- Drag and drop the PSA accounts from the left to the import file on the right.
- You will notice we auto-matched any accounts that are exact. You can easily find and match the remaining accounts by using the filter bar or clicking the filter icon to the right of the card.
- Once you have mapped all accounts, press Next.
Step 4: Map Services
- Drag and drop your service(s) on the left to the import file list on the right. You can easily find and match the remaining accounts by using the filter bar or clicking the filter icon to the right of the card.
- Once you have mapped all the services, press Next.
Step 5: Confirm Import
- We will display the Accounts, Services, and Quantities to be imported. Once you have reviewed them, press Finish.
- Your import will process over the next 2-5 minutes, and you will be returned to the billing module page.
Step 6: Reconciliation
- Scroll down to find the vendor with imported quantities, or select the filter option and search by Vendor/Distributer tag.
- Reconcile like a flock star! We would recommend that you go ahead and expand the section to review all cards. Cards can be actioned in either view.
If services are found that are currently not mapped to a contract, Gradient will identify those as New Revenue Found. You can hover over the service card and click Add. This will open a module that enables you to assign the service to a contract and approve the count.
Select Approve on cards with no change needed to confirm and remove from view. When the quantities in Gradient do not match the records from the CSV import, click Approve on the service card to approve the true down/up of quantities.
|Multiselect and Approve||
Select multiple service cards and click Approve to reconcile multiple services simultaneously.
Click Adjust to update quantities manually or to choose a proration date.
If the date field is greyed out, your PSA may not allow proration.
Dismiss will remove the service card from view without making a change to the PSA. The card will reappear on the next billing cycle.
Dismiss can also be used for service cards that remain displayed unactioned from previous months. This will remove them from view permanently.