A step-by-step guide to getting your ConnectWise PSA account connected to the Synthesize Platform
Existing partners looking to connect Alerts will need to edit and update their existing API key to include:
Under Service Desk enable Add, Edit, and Inquire permissions to Close Service Tickets, Merge Tickets & Service Tickets. Also in Security Roles > Role > System > Table Setup (customize) ensure "Service / Service Board" has been added to the role.
Once updated, Save and proceed to connect Alerts within Gradient.
So, you've gone on-premise? Do you like to nurture and keep that little flaminglet protected? Respect! That shouldn't stop you from using the Synthesize platform. Here are the minimum requirements for on-premise environments.
- Fully Chained SSL Certificate.
- The latest stable version of ConnectWise PSA.
- If your ConnectWise PSA instance restricts access based on IP, our IPs are 126.96.36.199 & 188.8.131.52
ConnectWise PSA Connection Checklist
If you haven't already registered, you can open a Gradient MSP account here
You've registered and are on your way to officially becoming part of the flock! Take the following steps to get ConnectWise PSA connected with the Synthesize platform:
- Upon initial registration of your new Gradient MSP account, you will select ConnectWise PSA and click Next. You will then be presented with a connection checklist. Please gather these items before progressing to the next page.
- Login to ConnectWise PSA
- Navigate to System > Security Roles.
Create a new Security Role with the following permissions:
Expand Companies and grant Inquire to Company Maintenance
- Expand Finance and grant Inquire to Agreement Sales
- Within Finance, grant Add, Edit, and Inquire to Agreements. Select Customize for Agreements, and ensure all sections are set to Allow.
- Expand Procurement and grant Inquire to Product Catalog and Products.
- Expand Service Desk and grant Add, Edit, and Inquire to Close Service Tickets, Merge Tickets, and Service Tickets.
- Expand System and grant Add, and Inquire to Table Setup. Select Customize for Table Setup and ensure "Company / Company Status", "Company / Company Type", "Invoicing / Billing Cycle", and "Service / Service Board" is set to Allow.
- Navigate to System > Members > API Members tab and create a new API member and assign the newly created Security Role, then save the member.
- Navigate to the API Keys tab. Create a new API Key and add a description.
- Click Save and keep a record of the Public and Private Keys.
- Keep a record of the Company ID, URL (https://example.connectwise.com), and both the Public and Private API Keys ready for the next step.
- Input your Public Key, Company ID, Private Key, and URL.
- Click Save and Test.
Congratulations, you've successfully connected your PSA!
Sit back, have a coffee, and let our hamsters (or flamingos in this case) get to work synchronizing your data. You can close the Setup Wizard now if you like, and we will email you when the synchronization is complete.