A step-by-step guide to getting started with the INKY Billing Integration with Gradient MSP.
Products Integrated: Advanced Attachment Analysis | INKY Phish Fence | Outbound Mail Protection | Email Encryption | Internal Mail Protection
View the INKY Vendor information page
For support with this integration, you can contact Inky here:
Connecting the INKY Integration
Step 1: Connect the Integration:
- Login to Synthesize and navigate to the Integrations tab.
- Select the INKY integration card, and click Connect.
- Copy the Synthesize API Key. Note that each integration is assigned a unique Synthesize API Key. Save this key in a secure location. It will only be available once.
- Click Open Portal.
- This will open a new tab on the INKY site.
- Login to INKY and navigate to Account Management.
- In the Select team dropdown, choose the team listed as "Company Name - All Teams." and select PSA Integration.
- Paste in your Synthesize API Key and click Validate and Save Now.
- Click Sync Data Now.
- Return to Synthesize and click Check Connection.
Step 2: Map Accounts and Services
- Map your accounts by dragging the card from Synthesize on the left to INKY on the right. When complete, press Next.
- We have auto-mapped any that are exact matches. The remaining can be searched by pressing the filter button or typing in the Synthesize search bar.
- Map your services by dragging the card from Synthesize on the left to INKY on the right. When complete, press Next.
- Services can be searched by pressing the filter button or typing in the Synthesize search bar.
- Review and Press Finish
Step 3: Start the Sync
- Head back to INKY and press the Sync Data Now button. This brings the data together and enables the auto sync keeping the connection current.
- Enable the checkbox for Automatically Sync Data to Gradient for a sync to run each night automatically.
- Return to Synthesize and press Finish on the integration.
Step 4: Reconcile
- Refresh your Syntheszie page and Reconile!
TIP: If you're facing issues with the INKY integration, reach out to INKY Support
When you click Sync Data Now after connecting the integration, you will see information showing what is syncing with a Message of what's happening. Some common messages are listed below.
- "no mapped service found with supplied Id, Success" - This message means that you have not mapped the service INKY Phish Fence on the integration. The sync has still been completed and imported usage for the other services you have mapped.
- "Unable to get active users from mail provider" - This message means that the particular account does not have API Access to Microsoft. Please see https://app.inkyphishfence.com/settings/api-access for the appropriate team to get this corrected.