Example of how Synthesize Billing Module works to add Prorated Transactions.
Synthesize Billing Module currently supports the proration of recurring services with the following PSAs.
Currently, only the following PSAs support the proration of recurring services with Synthesize Billing Module.
- Kaseya BMS
- Pulseway PSA
- Datto Autotask PSA
- ConnectWise PSA (Prorate Agreement has to be enabled on each agreement for proration to be available in Synthesize Billing Module)
If the connected PSA does support proration, yet the date field is greyed out on the service card, this means there is currently no active integration with Synthesize Billing Module.
Changes to a subscription, such as upgrading or downgrading, can result in prorated charges. For example, if a customer upgrades resources (quantity) by 1 unit, they're charged the prorated amount in which the upgrade occurred up until the renewal date. Assuming the change occurred halfway through the billing period (monthly), and the subscription is 10 USD per unit, the customer is billed an additional 5 USD for the newly added license and 10 USD for the remaining term of the agreement (for example, committed to an annual contract that is billed monthly).
Prorating a Service Card
This example shows how Synthesize Billing Module works to Prorate Recurring Services within Autotask; however, the overall experience within Synthesize Billing Module for those platforms that support proration is the same.
Not your platform? Click here to view the list of supported platforms.
It only takes as little as three steps when prorating service cards in Synthesize Billing Module; here's how.
- Click Adjust when hovering over a service card with resource upgrades or downgrades.
- Select the date (start date) you wish to prorate from
- Click Update
Tip Synthesize Billing Module can accommodate multiple prorated transactions. Simply add additional prorated transactions by clicking the (+) icon within a service card.
Example Contract Services
Once updated, the prorated transaction is immediately posted into the PSA.
In this example:
- Prorating transactions on New Found Revenue for a total of 9 units:
- On March 16, 2022, it increased by 8 units.
- On March 14, 2022, it increased by 1 unit.
- The total unit count has been assigned to a contract across two prorated transactions for a total of 9 units.
- Autotask has automatically calculated the prorated transaction and added it to the contract's Prorated Transactions.